Although not all smiles are designed to withstand the wear and tear of daily chewing, your risk of dental erosion is greatly increased when your tooth enamel is constantly bombarded with harmful sugars and acids brought on by the foods and drinks you consume. Take your oral health care to new heights with dental erosion treatments. For more information about dental erosion, read on!
Treating Dental Erosion
– When your teeth are damaged by acidic ingredients, they are more susceptible to damage, even those arising from cleaning tools. As an added layer of protection, seek out brushes with soft bristles.
– Dental erosion is often seen in individuals that have a deprived diet. Eating healthy and avoiding harmful substances such a sugar will drastically lower your risk of dental erosion.
– Your risk for dental erosion can be diminished by practicing simple oral health cleaning habits every day including brushing your teeth twice every day and flossing once every day
– Sugars and sweets, such as sour sweets, are notorious for being nearly as acidic as battery acid. Thus, it is a good idea to avoid sour sweets in the foreseeable future.
– Studies have proven that saliva production in your mouth can lower your risk for dental erosion. Saliva promotion includes chewing sugarless gum after meals, or via the use of a mouthwash.
If you would like a dental erosion treatment from Distinctive Dental Services at our dentist office in Lake Jackson, Texas, please contact us at 979-297-0337. Dr. Scott Elrod and the rest of our team will ensure you get the strong and sturdy smile you desire. We look forward to upgrading your smile!