It’s that time of year again. Thanksgiving is near filling the air with delicious aromas of pumpkin pies and roasted turkeys. This year, why not keep track of your oral care by using these five helpful tips. These tips will navigate you through the holiday season so you know what foods to avoid, so you can keep your smile healthy and beautiful this holiday season.
These five foods to avoid include:
1. Hard candy: Hard candy keeps the sugar in your mouth and close to your teeth. The constant sugar in your teeth can cause cavities.
2. Ice: Chewing ice is hard on your teeth’s enamel. The ice can break the outer layer of the tooth away, which can cause your tooth to break or chip.
3. Citrus foods: Citrus foods create a high amount of acid in your mouth, which can eat away your tooth enamel and increase tooth decay over time.
4. Sticky foods: Sticky foods are extremely dangerous to your teeth because the sugar stays on your teeth, which gives the sugar a higher chance at eating away your teeth.
5. Sodas and sports drinks: In sodas and sports drinks alike, sugar is a top ingredient. Sugar will quickly decay your teeth. The constant exposure to the sugar in your drinks is extremely unhealthy to your smile.
No matter what foods you choose to indulge yourself with this holiday season, don’t forget to keep up with your brushing and flossing habits. Brushing and flossing will help you keep your smile clean and cavity free.
If you have questions about your smile and dental health, please contact our office. Let us guide you to a healthier smile as you go through your holiday season.